78 Acres of Space to Unwind
Buccleuch Park (pronounced Buck-a-loo), is located between the Raritan River and Easton Avenue featuring an astounding 78 acres of rolling terrain. It is home to the Buccleuch Mansion, a former Colonial Estate. Hear it pronounced here.
This expansive public park features many athletic fields for baseball, softball, tennis, soccer, cricket, volleyball or basketball, and a 1.5-mile cross country-fitness trail. Buccleuch Park also has a playground, rock garden, flower garden, gazebo, and picnic pavilion. During the winter months, the Parks Department offers sledding and ice skating (weather permitting).
Buccleuch Mansion is a Georgian mansion constructed in 1739 by Anthony White and his wife, the daughter of New Jersey's Royal Governor Lewis Morris. George Washington was a frequent visitor to the Mansion. It was also occupied by the Enniskillen Guards during the British occupation of New Brunswick in 1777. The mansion was deeded to the City in 1911 and the Jersey Blue Chapter, Daughters of the American Revolution now care for the mansion and administer tours and exhibits. The mansion recently underwent a historical restoration and is open for tours on Sundays from 2-4 p.m. from June to October. Please call 732-745-5094 for more information.